City offices and facilities closed for Independence Day
In observance of July 4, the following municipal government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday July 4, 2022.
• City Hall in St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
• Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
• Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
• Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St. (the Office of the Collector of Taxes, including all branches of the Collector of Taxes and the Office of the Real Estate Appraiser)
• Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
• Main Office of the Supervisor of Elections, 105 E. Monroe St.
• Animal Care and Protection Services, 2020, rue Forest.
• Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
• Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department Administrative Offices, 515 N. Julia St.
• Offices of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, 214 N. Hogan St.
• All community and senior centers and gymnasiums operated by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
• Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
• Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
• Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
• Social Services Division Emergency Aid Office, 1809 Art Museum Dr.
• Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division Administrative Offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
• Mowing and Groundskeeping Division Administrative Offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
• Solid Waste Division Administrative Offices, 1031 Superior St.
• Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
• The Ritz Theater and Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
• Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Dr.
• Cecil Aquatic Center, 13611, boul. from Normandy.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste collection
There will be no interruption of service.
630-CITY call center
The office will be closed on Monday July 4th. Citizens can submit a request for municipal service online at any time at myjax.custhelp.com.
Jacksonville Public Library
All public libraries will be closed on Sunday July 3 and Monday July 4.
Southside Tennis will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All other tennis centers will be closed. Pickleball and hard courts will be available at Fort Family Tennis Center and Boone Tennis Center.
Huguenot Memorial Park
On Friday, July 1, Huguenot Memorial Park will remain open from 6 a.m. until the Mayport Naval Station Freedom Fest fireworks end at 9 p.m. The Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, July 4. closing for entry at 7 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers are required to implement limited beach parking plans in anticipation of high tides or other natural events that may result in beach and/or park closure if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park visitors are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Park Hanna
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will open at 8 a.m. and close at the usual time of 8 p.m. Early birds and annual passes are required for entry from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Day users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. All visitors, except authorized campers and their authorized visitors with a pass, must depart by 8 p.m. Camping reservations close at 8 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can access from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 7:30 p.m. 30:00 After 21:00, no one can enter to settle on a campsite.
The Cecil Aquatics Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday. The outdoor pools will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, July 4. The following outdoor pools will be open over the bank holiday weekend:
• Terry Parker High School – 7301 Parker School Road.
• Fort Caroline – 131 Ferber Road.
• Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.
• Sandalwood High School – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
• Samuel Wolfson High School – 7000 Powers Ave.
• Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
• Mandarin High School – 4831 Greenland Rd.
• Andrew Jackson High School – 128 W. 30th St.
• Harts Rd/Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
• Robert Kennedy Park – 1139 Ionia Street
• Oceanway Park – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
• Grand Park/Johnnie Walker – 2740 Division Street.
• Eugene Butler Pool – 900 Acorn Street
• Cecil Aquatic Center – 13611, boul. from Normandy.
• Baldwin Middle/High School – 345 Chestnut St. N.
• Thomas Jefferson Park – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
• Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave.
• Lakeshore Middle School – 2519 Bayview Road.
• Ribault secondary school – 5820, rue Van Gundy.
• Julius Guinyard Pool – 1358 Jefferson St.
• Riverside High School Pool – 1200 South McDuff Ave.
COVID-19 tests and vaccinations
All COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites operated by Agape Family Health and Telescope Health will be closed on Monday, July 4. Normal operations will resume on Tuesday, July 5. Closures include:
• Clanzel T. Brown Community Center, 4545 Moncrief Rd.
• Lane Wiley Senior Center, 6710 Wiley Rd.
• Beaches Location (former Kmart mall), 540 Atlantic Blvd.