Stolen farm equipment recovered | Shelbyville Times-Gazette
By DAVID MELSON – [email protected]
Expensive farm equipment was recovered and a suspect was jailed after an investigation by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives and MPs were able to recover tractors, four-wheelers and a tractor allegedly removed from Bedford County farmland by Douglas Bowen, 19, of West Jackson Street, Detective Lt. John Sweeney said .
James Farrar of Shelbyville informed the BCSO that he had found two four-wheeled vehicles belonging to him on Christiana-Fosterville Road in Rutherford County.
The four-wheelers had been removed from a hangar on his property near Shelbyville days earlier, Detective Lt. John Sweeney said.
MPs recovered a stolen tractor / front loader from a barn on Trott Road and a cattle trailer taken in Warren County from a nearby residence, Sweeney said.
Bowen is charged with two counts of property theft on $ 35,000 bail, according to Bedford County Jail records.
A man wanted by police for drug possession has been arrested after being spotted by an officer on Monday afternoon driving on South Cannon Boulevard.
Kevin Michael Garner, 49, of South Cannon Boulevard was previously wanted for possession of Schedule VI drugs and paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license, Sgt. Michael Taylor’s report says.
A small box containing a naloxone pill and an alprazolam pill was found in the car with two glass pipes with substance residue on them, Taylor said.
Simple possession of Schedule II and III drug charges and additional charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and driving with a revoked license have been added.
Garner posted a bond of $ 11,000.
- Several items were reported missing in a storage unit on East Lane Street. Tools, clothing, kitchen utensils and a pressure washer were taken between 7:30 p.m. Sunday and noon Monday, police said. A man who has a key to the unit has been identified as a suspect.
- Prescription drugs were stolen between 8 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday from a room at the Shelbyville Inn on North Cannon Boulevard, police said. Suspects who could have had a room key have been named.
The following people have been charged since Tuesday by the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office. Shelbyville Police Department, Tennessee Highway Patrol or 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force. They are only invoiced; guilt or innocence will be determined by the courts.
- Jason Graham Barber, 31, rue Center, Normandie; violation of probation, evasion of arrest, driving with suspended license (two counts), possession of stolen property, resistance to arrest; inmate, $ 27,500 bail
- David Bryan Bond Jr., 30, Tullahoma; driving with a suspended license; released, no bail
- Douglas Bowen, 19, West Jackson Street; theft of property over $ 10,000, theft of property over $ 2,500; inmate, $ 35,000 bail
- JosÃ© AzaÃ«l Enrique Calva, 35, Murfreesboro; revocation of probation, modification of revocation of probation; inmate, $ 10,000 bail
- Bradley Wayne Carter, 40, Methvin Drive; violation of probation; released, bail of $ 1,000
- Ryan Jordan Cole, 40, SouthBrittainStreet; no insurance, simple possession; released on bail â¢ Philip Daniel Coleman, 37, Germantown Road; violation of probation, failure to appear, warrant of arrest; inmate, $ 5,000 bond
- Jazmine Leann Corrigan, 19, Tullahoma; failure to appear, arrest warrant; inmate, $ 500 bond
- Kevin Michael Garner, 49 South Cannon Boulevard; possession of drug paraphernalia (two counts), revoked driving (two counts), possession of Schedule II drugs for resale, simple possession of Schedule III drugs, simple possession of schedule drugs VI; released, bail of $ 11,000
- Joseph Lee Green, 23, Manchester; held on unspecified charges for Franklin County
- GasparPaliosHernandez, 21, address unknown; public intoxication; summons issued
- James Anthony Holloway, 35 Shadrick Street; possession of Schedule VI drugs with intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia; inmate, obligation of $ 4,000
- Daylin Edwin Meeks, 20 Sunlite Road; violation of probation; released, bail of $ 500
- Elizabeth Meeks, 43 Belmont Avenue; failure to perform due diligence, no driver’s license; released, no bail
- Michael Shawn Meyers, 34 South Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault; inmate, $ 1,500 bail
- Somer Hiilani Meyers, 41 South Cannon Boulevard; domestic assault; inmate, $ 1,500 bail
- Jonathan Dwayne Prater, 29, United States 41A North; aggravated assault; inmate, bail of $ 7,500
- Ernesto Saban Cruz, 18, Smyrna; DUI, no driving license; released, bail of $ 3,500
- Shay Sullivan Sears, 26, Webb Road West, Bell Buckle; violation of probation; released, bail of $ 250
- Anthony Ivan Villanueva, 22 Old Pencil Mill Road; DUI (second offense), driving with revoked license, simple possession of Schedule VI drugs, slight violation of the law (no headlights); released, bail of $ 5,500